Keep up to date & share your views:
HomeBuyers Guide › Consumer Complaints

Consumer Complaints

If you have issued a complaint against your phone network and have been unable to come to any sort of agreement with them then you can take your complaint to an independent resolution service, such as the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) or the Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman (Otelo).
Until recently many phone companies had not openly revealed to their customers that they could issue complaints through these channels, with as many as 77% of those making complaints reportedly being unaware of these independent bodies. But under new Ofcom regulations phone companies will be required to recommend these independent bodies to phone customers making a complaint if their complaint is not resolved within 8 weeks.
Taking an unresolved complaint to either CISAS or Otelo can greatly increase the chances of an agreement being made, with as many as 91% of all cases coming to a conclusion. Although these independent bodies are not new it is hoped that by forcing phone companies to inform their customers of the procedures available to them will improve the phone owning experience for everyone.
If you have an unresolved complaint with your phone network then you could receive help from either of the aforementioned organisations by visiting their websites and getting in touch.